Due to the Coronavirus Virus (COVID-19) we have disabled our online calendar.
We are in the office during our normal hours of operation and working hard to complete our clients tax returns.
We know we have clients and family members with compromised immune systems. We are observing the following practices to ensure the continued safety of our clients and staff.
- We are accepting your documents by our fax 410-297-0042, mail slot in the door, drop off in the office, US mail, and through our secure client portal. Our clients should feel free to use the delivery method they feel most comfortable with at this time.
- We recommend you call the office at 410-592-2588 before dropping off or picking up returns to make sure we will be in the office at your estimated time of arrival.
- IRS in IR-2020-58 extended to July 15, 2020 from April 15, 2020 the time to file and pay 2019 income tax returns and balances due. In addition, 2020 first quarter estimates are now due July 15, 2020. 2020 Second Quarter Estimated tax payments are still due June 15, 2020.
- Maryland adopted the same July 15th date for filing and payment of 2019 tax year balances due.
- If you are a client of Chesapeake Tax & Accounting and would like us to file an extension on your behalf, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for opportunity to prepare your 2019 tax returns.
For additional resources on the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) visit the State of Maryland website. They are providing updates and guidance for all Marylander's on an hourly basis.
IRS extension source document link - IRS.NEWS
Maryland extension - Maryland Tax Update